Why You May Benefit From a Water Softener
What is soft water? Well, Soft water is when all the minerals are taken out of the water through a filtration system. Hard water is water that has a high mineral content. It is formed when rainwater (which is naturally ‘soft’) passes through sedimentary rock containing limestone and chalk. Along the way to the underground wells and reservoirs the calcium and magnesium minerals dissolve into the water making it ‘hard’.
Water softeners reduce the amount of limescale in your home. Less limescale means longer life for appliances, greater efficiency in your heating and healthier skin and hair. This in turn can save you money and create a happier household.
There are various systems of water softening. The first is a system that using salt to remove certain minerals from the water. The second is a magnetic filter, a magnetic water softener uses electromagnetic coils to separate certain particles that cause the hardness, from the water. It is effective only on water that comes within the reach of the magnets, so an potentially be limiting. There are also I-on exchange softeners and reverse osmosis softeners.
However, we recommend block salt softeners as they are the most convenient and can usually be fitted under the kitchen sink. They can be stored in a utility room or garage and once installed the only running cost is buying the salt. Using block salt will work out at around £2 per month per person, they are worth the investment as softened water does offer some significant benefits. Ultimately a water softener can be a great addition to your plumbing system.
Here are five of our favourites models;
1. Fleck 5600 SXT Water Softener Ships - Compact and efficient, this whole house water softener system will serve you well by using ion exchange process to remove the calcium and magnesium and extend the life of your plumbing and appliances.
2. Fleck Iron Pro 2 Combination water softener iron filter - Saves you a lot with annual energy consumption and ease of use. This softener removes rust, sediments, and sulfur.
3. Bullet Poly Triple Action Water Softener - It is compact, practical and with a reliable body. Can be installed anywhere outside as long as it doesn’t freeze.
4. Aquios FS-220 Salt-Free Water Softener - Now, meet one of the tiniest softeners on the market. It gives great value for its price. Your water will be not only softer, but purer and with a better taste.
5. ABC Waters Built Fleck 5600sxt - If you are looking for a high quality, whole house softener system for a fair budget, this might be exactly the product for you. Popular for
If you would like some further advice on water softeners and whether or not you would benefit from one, then please give us call.
01372 620 621
Areas We Cover
Addlestone, Ashtead, Banstead, Betchworth, Brockham, Chessington, Cheam, Chertsey, Claygate, Cobham, Dorking, Downside, East Horsley, Effingham, Esher, Ewell, Epsom, Fetcham, Great Bookham, Hampton, Headley, Hersham, Hinchley Wood, Hooley, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lower Kingswood, New Malden, Nutfield, Martyr’s Green, Merstham, Mickleham, Mogador, Mugswell, Ockham, Oxshott, Ranmore Common, Raynes Park, Redhill, Reigate, Reigate Heath, Richmond, Sutton, Surbiton, Tadworth, Tolworth, Tooting, Twickenham, Walton-On-Thames, Weybridge, Worcester Park, Balham, Battersea, Brixton, Clapham, Chelsea, Fulham, Hammersmith, Kensington, Parsons Green, Putney, Streatham, South, South Nutfield, Wimbledon, Walton on the Hill, Wandsworth, Wimbledon